S.M.I.L.E is a community-based program that empowers families, youth, and children in diverse communities. It promotes peace and drives grassroots changes by transforming attitudes and behaviours through direct engagement. The program serves as a platform for donations of time, money, food, and clothing, bringing joy to both givers and receivers. Started in 2018 with the vision of "Vashudhaiva Kutumbakam" (One family under God), it focuses on providing basic daily needs, career development, and education for marginalized communities.
Through the SMILE program we are targeting all the disadvantaged communities in different areas of the country. The first program took place in Karol Bagh, New Delhi, benefiting the Valmiki community in Jyoti Colony. Families received day-to-day rations, children received books and stationery, and youth received musical instruments and instruction. Two more programs have since been conducted in the same locality, focusing on sustainability and impact assessment.
GPF India has organized multiple Together We Can Smile Drives in Yamuna Khadar, a slum colony with farming communities. Various organizations address education, healthcare, legal rights, food, sanitation, and human rights. The communities living there are marginalized and engage in daily wage workers, such as selling fruits and vegetables, pulling rickshaws, and collecting recyclables. The sites have diverse populations regarding gender, castes, and religious affiliations, including children, women, and elderly individuals.
The project has expanded its impact to rural areas, particularly Tarauli village in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh. The focus is on providing modern educational technologies to rural children with limited resources and exposure to such tools. This expansion brought about positive change and opportunities for these children.
Strengthen the marginalized section of the society.
The objective is to bridge the gap between education and the disadvantaged of society, which is often neglected these formal structures.
To enrol them in a formal education system and achieve higher degrees to break the chain.
To make them the flag bearer of Catalyst for change in their locality and uplift others.
The program's multifaceted approach aims to bring about significant improvements in the lives of families, youth, and children by addressing their needs holistically. Here are the expected outcomes
1. Empowerment of Disadvantaged Groups: The SMILE program seeks to empower marginalized communities by providing them with the necessary resources, tools, and support to improve their socio-economic conditions.
2. Positive Attitude and Behavioural Changes: The program aims to transform attitudes and behaviours through direct community engagement aims, starting in a more positive and inclusive environment.
3. Grassroots Changes: By engaging community members directly, the program can better understand their unique challenges and tailor solutions that address their specific needs, thus creating sustainable and impactful changes.
4. Holistic Development: Offering opportunities for personal and professional growth helps individuals break the cycle of poverty and lead fulfilling lives.
5. Fostering a Global Vision: The vision of "Vashudhaiva Kutumbakam" (One family under God) drives the program's efforts to promote a sense of global interconnectedness and shared responsibility.
Overall, the expected outcome of the SMILE program is a community that thrives on empowerment, inclusion, and compassion, where the disadvantaged groups are given the tools and support, they need to overcome challenges and lead fulfilling lives. The program contributes to a more just and equitable society by uplifting individuals and communities' equitable society.
Active S.M.I.L.E programs
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam Learning Centre, Karawal Nagar
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam Learning Centre, DLF
150+ Direct Beneficiaries
500+ Indirect Beneficiaries